How to Join Cocoa Presbyterian Church
If you are seeking a church home, we are glad that you came to this page. Here you will find some directions on how to become a member of Cocoa Presbyterian. You can explore Cocoa Presbyterian by:
- Attending our worship. Does it feel right for you? Our service is Sunday, 10:30 AM
- Reading the information in the visitor’s package or surf around our web.
- Attending one of our programs besides the service, Sunday School, Midweek Bible Study, etc. In the package and this website you will find many other programs that we have.
- Attending our “Discovery/CocoaPC 101” class. It is a two-hour class offered every other month on the first Sunday, from 12 PM to 2 PM (Lunch on us). Call the office to register –
Note: The list above is not requirements. After attending one of our activities, if you want to become a member, just call us and register for the “Discovery/CocoaPC 101” class.
In the Presbyterian Church persons may enter into active church membership in the following ways:
Profession of Faith:
- When persons baptized as infants reach an age when they are ready to make public their profession of faith and accept their responsibility in the life of the church
- Through Baptism, when persons who have not been baptized desire to profess their faith in Christ and be incorporated in the life of the church as believers.
- Persons who are members of other Christian churches may be received by the session upon receipt of a certificate of transfer from that church.
- Sometimes a person who made a profession of Faith and became a member of a particular church is not able to secure a certificate of transfer or other evidence of church membership. For those persons, we will receive them by reaffirmation of faith.
Certificate of Transfer:
Reaffirmation of Faith:
What We Expect of a Faithful Member:
Membership in the Church of Jesus Christ is a joy and a privilege. It is also a commitment
to participate in Christ’s mission. A faithful member bears witness to God’s love
and grace and promises to be involved responsibly in the ministry of Christ’s Church.
Such involvement includes:
- proclaiming the good news in word and deed,
- taking part in the common life and worship of a congregation,
- lifting one another up in prayer, mutual concern, and active support,
- studying Scripture and the issues of Christian faith and life,
- supporting the ministry of the church through the giving of money, time, and
- demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church,
- responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others,
- living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social
- relationships of life,
- working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment,
- participating in the governing responsibilities of the church, and
- reviewing and evaluating regularly the integrity of one’s membership, and considering
- ways in which one’s participation in the worship and service of the
- church may be increased and made more meaningful.
COME! JOIN US IN THE WONDERFUL JOURNEY OF FOLLOWING CHRIST.